Any standard car stereo with basic speakers will only provide average sound quality and lacks a sophisticated bass tone. In fact, I would even go further by saying that all factory-made car audio systems lack bass.
That is why the best subwoofer for a car is an absolute minimum for anyone who is serious about their music. A subwoofer helps offset any negative car audio sound by adding a substantially improved low-frequency performance.
Basically, using a subwoofer will remove a bad-quality sound system by providing a higher-quality sound output.
If you have never used a subwoofer and install one in your car, then you’ll never go back to a standard audio system.
You’ll be enjoying driving on the motorway or going home from a long day of work. And you’ll even take longer routes to just listen to your favorite music.
What is a car subwoofer?
Car subwoofers are speakers that produce low-type frequencies called bass.
People often install them in their cars as the upgrade can significantly improve the sound quality of their car audio. Any true music lover will definitely need a subwoofer as he’ll never get used to the basic audio system which is built into a car.
However, choosing the right subwoofer can be tough. There are a lot of factors that go into this decision and many different options. As you’re deciding the best size and wattage for your sub, it’s also important to think about sound quality.
There are two main types of subwoofers: ported and sealed. Ported have a large volume of air inside them which produces deep bass sounds. Sealed subs tend to produce higher-pitched sounds, but they’re more accurate than ported subs.
Nowadays, some of the most powerful subwoofers are fairly smaller. In fact, they are much smaller than you may think. So you can get a subwoofer that’ll fit in nicely in your vehicle, even under your sit, though most of them will still be big.
I have researched the car subwoofer market with over 60 hours of research and summarised 5 and then increased the list to 10 subwoofer favorites. Please find these below for your perusal and decision.
They’re all good to be used, but we all have different preferences and budgets. So, you are the only person that can decide which subwoofer is best for your car and need. Note that I did not include the best cheap subwoofer (just because I summarized the best, and these come with a price tag attached to them).
The top 10 Best Car Subwoofers
Choosing good car speakers for deep bass can be tricky. We chose the below 10 best car subwoofer for really deep bass to get you started and they’re a great way to add more resonance to your vehicle.
You can find a lot of sub boxes out there that are overpriced and underperforming. That’s why we chose the MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure as the best subwoofer. This box is built to last with a rugged black carpeted enclosure perfect for outdoor use.
It also has reinforced steel corners and flexible steel grills. It’s designed so you can quickly and easily install your subs without any complicated wiring or problems with space constraints.
Here, are some features of the MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure for you to consider:
- Rugged black carpeted enclosure perfect for car and outdoor – It is an aviation-grade black carpet
- 5/8″ MDF Construction – This is why this sub is referred to as an 8-inch subwoofer
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 150Hz.
- Embroidered Terminator Logo;
- A perfect low impedance of just 2Ω
- Combines the sleek looks and power of a Terminator mono block amplifier with either a sealed enclosure
- Houses two 12-Inch Terminator subwoofers, TNP212D2, or a vented enclosure
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 150Hz. Ideal solutions for anyone looking to add bass to their vehicle and finally enjoy quality sound
- Ruggedly constructed using
When it comes to sound quality, the MTX Audio Terminator series is unmatched. These subs are powerful and durable, and people keep saying there the best subwoofer on the market. What’s more, they’re covered by a warranty that includes five years of workmanship and materials coverage.
If you want an elite sound system for your vehicle or home theater, look no further than MTX Audio’s Terminator series. With a wide variety of models to choose from and incredible sound quality, you can be confident that you’ll find your perfect match.
Rockford Fosgate, a company with a reputation for quality, performance, and value, has been designing and manufacturing loudspeakers since 1977.
They are committed to innovation, producing products that provide true value for money without cutting corners on materials or componentry.
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is their entry-level 12” subwoofer. It’s an affordable solution for those who want big bass without the hassle of installing a custom subwoofer box.
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is a compact driver that offers impressive sound for its size. It features a 12″ cone with dual 1″ voice coils. Below are the subwoofer extended characteristics:
- The Punch P300-12 is a self-contained all-in-one solution
- It has a Punch 12” subwoofer in a custom sealed enclosure
- The subwoofer is powered by a mighty 300 Watt amplifier
- The system is all-inclusive, so you only need to run power, ground and a signal from the source to get this speaker moving
- Dimensions (Wedge H x W x D1 x D2): 15” x 19.8” x 11” x 7”
- Featuring an adjustable 12db/Octave low pass crossover
- Built-in adjustable bass EQ, built-in 0°/180° phase switch
- Remote bass level control included
- The closed-loop design ensures optimum performance between woofer, amplifier, and enclosure with easy integration in aftermarket or OEM audio systems using RCA or speaker level signals
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate resell
Our verdict on the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 subwoofer
In summary, if you’re looking for the best car subwoofer for deep bass, the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 car Subwoofer is a fantastic choice. Made by one of the most trusted brands in the audio industry, this best subwoofer is durable and powerful enough to make any vehicle sound like it’s about to take off.
The P300-12 is also versatile and can be installed almost anywhere in a car or truck. This makes it a perfect option for anyone who spends time in their vehicle. If you’re looking for that extra punch in your music and movies, this is the subwoofers for you!
3. BOSS Audio Systems CXX8 8 Inch Car Subwoofer – 600 Watts Maximum Power, Single 4 Ohm Voice Coil, Easy Mounting
This speaker has been engineered to produce thick, well-defined bass while providing high efficiency and compact size for use in a variety of vehicles.
The speaker features a large motor structure that enables the voice coil to move more air with less power than traditional speakers which in turn allows more headroom before distortion occurs.
The cones are made from Polypropylene which is not only lightweight but also offers superior heat dissipation which helps prevent distortion. These subs are ideal for use in small enclosures as they have been engineered for tight mounting spaces.
- Nominal Diameter: 8.5 inches
- The recommended Max Power is 600 W
- Resonant frequency: 49 Hz
Our verdict on the Boss 600W subwoofer
If you’re looking for crystal-clear sound and powerful bass, then the Boss Audio 8.5″ 600W Single 4 Ohm Thin-Line Component best car subwoofer for deep bass is a perfect best subwoofer choice for you.
The subwoofer is engineered for high-power handling, so your bass never sounds too boomy or distorted.
It also has a nice cone designed to give the speaker extra rigidity. The result is a smooth response with a more accurate reproduction of music’s low frequencies, giving your car stereo that deep, rich sound you crave. Now you can finally listen to your favorite tunes in full quality!
If you’re looking for great sound quality and want to upgrade your car audio system, then the Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub is an excellent choice.
In fact, it is one of the slimmest and best car subwoofers for deep bass.
This subwoofer has a slim design that will fit in any car and offers high performance at a reasonable price. With a peak power of 800 watts, it can be used with any audio system.
You can also use this best subwoofer to add more volume to your home theater system. The Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub is perfect for anyone who wants their music to sound great. Here are the features of the subwoofer:
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. PWM MOSFET Power Supply.
- Low-Level RCA Input.
- High-Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity (really good feature).
- Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On.
- Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit. This is a must to avoid burning your subwoofer.
- Overload Protection Circuit. Phase Switch: 0° or 180°.
- Low Pass Filter: 50Hz – 150Hz.
- Bass Boost: 0 – 18dB @ 45Hz.
- Subwoofer Level Remote Control. Built in Subsonic Filter @ 29Hz. Frequency Response: 20Hz – 150Hz. Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w / 1m.
- Maximum Power RMS: 200 Watts.
- Impedance: 2 Ohm.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 13.4 x 2.7 (L x W X H) Inches.
Our verdict on the Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt subwoofer
The Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Car Subwoofer Sub is an excellent choice to be used in any car audio system.
This sub is designed to fit in compact spaces, which is perfect for today’s vehicles that have become more and more compact. It is the best 10-inch subwoofer with a box and amp all in one.
Well, I need to be honest, the package does not include the amp, but what do you need it for. The subwoofer is just brilliant and provides a great sound that you do not need an extra amp.
You can easily install this sub in your trunk or under your seat and have enough space for passengers, luggage, or cargo.
The Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub provides you with excellent sound at a reasonable price.
If you’re an audiophile looking to amp up your sound system, this subwoofer is the ideal choice.
The Rockville Destroyer 12D1 offers powerful bass that will shake the ground and speakers.
It also comes with a 5/8″ high-temperature voice coil, so you know it’s tough enough for any job. Whether you’re a DJ or just someone who really loves their music, this subwoofer will bring your sound to life!
- Rockville DESTROYER 12D1 12″ Dual 1-Ohm Car Subwoofer.
- Peak Power Handling: 8000 Watts.
- Program Power Handling: 4000 Watts.
- CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: up to 2000 Watts.
- The subwoofer Voice Coils are made in the USA.
- 3” 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with Aluminum Triple-Stacked 300 Oz Y35 Magnets. (Y35 is the best grade and they will perform better than most 400 oz magnets).
- 1-Piece Chrome T-Yoke with Stamped Logo (1 piece t-yokes magnetize better and make excursion (Xmax) better as well as increases the BL rating)
- We use the highest grade black glue that handles really extreme type high temperatures which allows our woofer to handle even more power than they are rated for.
- Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes for a stylish look.
- This Sub Very Efficient And Lighter Weight.
- Large 8 Gauge Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone. Our cones are ultra-stiff. They are thicker and stronger than other subs on the market making our subs able to handle more power than the competition.
- Extra Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality
Our verdict on the Rockville Destroyer subwoofer
This Rockville Destroyer car audio subwoofer provides a one-of-a-kind listening experience.
Their sound system is engineered to produce a deep bass response, ultra-low distortion, and high power handling all at the same time.
These top-of-the-line Rockville subs are designed to get loud, fast, and correct.
They are best for music lovers who need a powerful speaker that can dish out a lot of sound without sacrificing quality or aesthetic appeal. With their proven reliability and durability, these Rockville subs will be sure to please even the most discriminating listener.
This slim subwoofer is just perfect for tight spaces. In addition, the enclosure has been designed to reduce air turbulence and provide a much clearer sound. With 1500 watts of peak power, you’ll get all the bass you need to shake your car or truck!
By the way, the Alphaonik is known as the 15 inch subwoofer.
- Power Rating: 500 Watts RMS / 1500 Watts Max
- Cone Material: Spun Aluminum Cone
- Surround Material: High Strength Rubber EPDM
- Final Impedance: 4-Ohm
- Copper Wound Kapton Voice Coil
- Push Type Terminals Sensitivity: 92dB
- Frequency Response: 26Hz – 500Hz
- Enclosure Dimensions: 20.47″ x 6.7″ x 14.1″ / 520mm x 170mm x 358mm
Our verdict on the Alphasonik AS12DF 12″ 1500 Watts subwoofer
You don’t always need a lot of space in your vehicle to enjoy great sound. You may have limited space on the floor or behind the seat, for example. But there are plenty of ways to get that excellent bass without sacrificing space.
Here, is one of the best and most compact subwoofer options out there: the Alphasonik AS12DF 12″ 1500 Watts 4-Ohm Down Fire Shallow Mount Flat Enclosed for Tight Spaces in Cars and Trucks.
This subwoofer features an efficient design with 15” diameter and is built to work well in tight spaces. It also features a slim profile so it doesn’t use up any additional storage space.
7. Dual Electronics BP1204 12 inch illumiNITE High Performance Studio Enclosed Car Subwoofers with 1,100 Watts of Peak Power
The Dual Electronics BP1204 12 inch IllumiNITE is a High-Performance Studio Enclosed Car Subwoofers. It comes with 1100 Watts of Peak Power. With that kind of power, it surely is the perfect way to bring your music to life.
This subwoofer will definitely give you an intense and powerful bass experience. They come with a built-in LED light system that will make your car feel like an exclusive VIP club. Am not joking, at night, these are just fabulous and make you stand out from the crowd.
With over 20 years of experience in sound production and engineering, Dual Electronics created this high-performance subwoofer for those who want louder and clearer bass than ever before. And with the right equipment, it’s never been easier to get good sound in your car. Here are the specifications:
- Fantastic output capability with a specialized tuned port with computer-aided design
- Built with a 2.5” Voice Coils vastly increases output efficiency for your subwoofers providing you with consistent low sounding bass – that’s a real treat
- A carefully crafted speaker for efficient and accurate bass, providing power handling up to 1100 Watts of Peak Power, 600 Watts RMS at a 4 Ohm impedance, and Frequency Range between 30Hz – 200kHz for unrivaled sound superiority
- The illumiNITE is designed with Brushed Aluminum subwoofer cones to create a surreal viewing experience
- Manufactured with top-grade in-line carpet eliminates the vast majority of enclosure movement for streamlined sound quality via both 12-inch subwoofers for unmatched sound superiority on the road
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY – guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty with excellent customer service
- Dimensions – 30” W X 14.4” D X 14.4” H. Built-in crossovers for ease of installation
Our verdict on the Dual Electronics BP1204 12 inch IllumiNITE subwoofer
With the BP1204, you’ll get all the bass you can handle. This 12-inch subwoofer has 1,100 watts of peak power and can be used in sealed or ported enclosures. Not only does it have high performance and power, but it is also easy to install and maintain. So if you’re looking for a new car subwoofer that will give you the best bang for your buck, this is the one.
8. Skar Audio Single 12″ Complete 1,200 Watt SDR Series Subwoofer Bass Package – with Loaded Enclosure with Amplifier
The Skar Audio Single 12″ Complete 1,200 Watt SDR Series Subwoofer Bass Package is a powerful amplifier and enclosure complete with a high-quality subwoofer.
The package includes an amplifier and a loaded enclosure that are designed to enhance the bass response of your vehicle.
The amplifier is equipped with features such as variable low pass crossover, clip limiters, and speaker wire connectors.
It also has a 1-ohm stable power capability, which means it can produce more wattage than lower impedance speakers by delivering current more efficiently. The loaded enclosure is made from MDF and has carpeted walls for enhanced bass response. The Skar specifications are as follows:
- All-in-One Complete SDR Series Loaded Subwoofer Bass Package
- Peak Power: 1,200 Watts
- RMS Power: 600 Watts
- Includes x1 Skar Audio SDR-1X12D2 Single 12″ Loaded 1,200 Watt Vented Subwoofer Enclosure
- You’ll get x1 Skar Audio RP-800.1D Class D 800 Watt Monoblock Amplifier
- Includes x1 Skar Audio SKAR4ANL-CCA 4 Gauge Complete Amplifier Wiring Kit
Our verdict on the Skar Audio Single 12″ Complete 1,200 Watt subwoofer
This car audio package includes a 10 inch Skar Audio Single Subwoofer, a very nice loaded enclosure, and a 1,200 watt Skar Audio amplifier.
The subwoofer is built for maximum impact with heavy-duty construction and a rigid polypropylene cone. It has an extended excursion linear motor force coil design that allows the woofer to generate deep bass without distortion at high volume levels.
The amplifier is equipped with two 4-ohm voice coils that can be wired in parallel for 2-ohm mono operation or in series for 8-ohm stereo operation. The Skar Audio Single 12″ is a great choice for any event because of its design and efficiency.
The amplifier is equipped with features such as variable low pass crossover, clip limiters, and speaker wire connectors.
It also has a 1-ohm stable power capability (not many know this), which means it can produce more wattage than lower impedance speakers by delivering current more efficiently. As I said above, the loaded enclosure is made from MDF and has carpeted walls for enhanced bass response.
If you are looking for one of the best car subwoofers on the market, this is it. You make ask yourselves why? Well simply because one of the best car speaker brands on the market today is Planet Audio.
Planete Audio has understood that listening to music is one of life’s simple pleasures and having a great sound system in your vehicle can make that experience even better. They have also understood that one of the most important parts of any car’s speaker system is the subwoofer.
If you want your music to really shake everything, then take a look at AC12D Car Subwoofer. This will bring out all of those low frequencies that you crave — even at high volume levels with minimal distortion.
Planet Audio’s AC12D subwoofer has an 1800 watt maximum power with a 12-inch dual voice coil. The AC12D is made to provide excellent audio output because it’s made from high-quality materials that are durable and reliable. Here are some features of this product which make it worthy of your consideration for purchase:
- Cone – Made from Polypropylene
- The AC12D 12-inch car subwoofer provides a resilient and durable material offering great sound and long-lasting subwoofers
- The Voice Coils in this device are able to withstand high temperatures and they can maintain their strength with no issue whatsoever.
- The surround is made of foam that is very flexible, providing the subwoofer with higher efficiency. This also translates to better excursion (How far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position)
- The stamped basket proposes a strong and rigid platform supporting the listener to hear clean and clear music output
- Dimensions: 13” x 13” x 6”
- Resonant Frequency – 32 Hz, Sensitivity SPL (1W/1m) – 88 Db
- Warranty – Planet Audio provides a powerful 3-year platinum online dealer warranty.
Our verdict on the Planet Audio AC12D Car Subwoofer
If you’re looking for an easy and affordable upgrade for your sound system, the Planet Audio AC12D is definitely a great place to start. With this car sub, you’ll get 1800 watts maximum power and a 12-inch size with a dual 4-ohm voice coil. This means that not only will your bass be louder and more pronounced, but it will also have better quality than ever. I repeat myself here, 1800 Watts. This is just a crazy sound in your car.
The JBL GT-BassPro12 Powered is one of the best car subwoofers for deep bass. It provides a high-performance, self-powered subwoofer that produces powerful bass for your car audio system. This one is probably the loudest 12-inch subwoofer available out there.
It has been engineered and designed to provide exceptional sound quality with minimal distortion. The BassPro12 features a 12” polypropylene woofer cone that delivers tight, deep bass notes for your music and movies.
Whether you use it in conjunction with an amplifier or not, this subwoofer comes equipped with dual 4-Ohm voice coils that will handle up to 500 watts of continuous power (1000 watts peak). You’ll take your sound to the next level with the JBL GT-BassPro12 12-Inch (300mm) Car Audio Powered Subwoofer. Here are the brief specifications:
- 2-Inch (305mm) woofer with a die-cast aluminum basket for solid sounds under all conditions.
- Slipstream port eliminates port noise and provides distortion-free bass at high output levels.
- System optimization: the amplifier has been made to precisely matched the woofer, enclosure, and Slipstream port to ensure the best performance, value, and sound.
- Signal-sensing turn-on automatically the subwoofer on and off when the head unit sends an audio signal – this is nice.
- Input level, low-pass, bass-boost, and phase controls are features that make it easy for any user to get the desired sound effect.
Our verdict on the JBL GT-BassPro12 Car Subwoofer
As the last of the best car subwoofer for deep bass, you may still be asking yourselves: what is the best 12-inch subwoofer on the market? Simply put, it’s the JBL GT-BassPro12.
It will give you the bass that you need without taking up too much room. It delivers a deep, powerful sound and handles power levels of 1200 watts. With its small enclosure design, it’s perfect for compact spaces.
It features a patented concave design that reduces standing waves inside the enclosure, which means that you’ll enjoy the clearer sound with better frequency response.
You can mount it on the floor or in a corner so you’ll have maximum freedom in placement. This unit has a built-in amplifier and speaker-level inputs. Plus, it’s easy to set up: just plug it in and play your favorite tunes!
In summary, this is the best 12-inch subwoofer for deep bass described by many as the most powerful 12-inch subwoofer.
What are the Types of Subwoofers?
There are three different types of subwoofers: Passive, Powered, and Active. Passive subwoofers are just a box where you fix the speakers onto. They are generally the least expensive and have limited audio quality.
Powered subwoofers are placed in a cabinet with a pre-amplifier built-in. They offer higher audio quality than passive subs, but require more power to operate and can be expensive if you’re using them for home use.
Active subwoofers have built-in amplifiers so they don’t require much input power from an external amplifier, making them cost-effective for home use. These are the best subwoofer for cars.
Quality sound starts with the right equipment, and if you’re looking for some serious bass, it all boils down to what kind of subwoofer you choose. With the right setup, your car can handle a wide range of frequencies that can take your tunes to the next level.
For those looking for deep tones with a greater punch, finding a subwoofer is crucial. When deciding on your best option there are several factors to consider, including price point and power handling capabilities, size, RMS, frequencies, lights, vibration, etc.
So, if you’re looking for a car subwoofer, and consider the above different options, you might not know where to start. There are a lot of different models and sizes out there and it can be tough to tell which one is right for you.
This is why we put together this buying guide that summarizes only the best car subwoofers. Our aim was to support you so that you do not spend hours shopping around.
Now you are equipped with 10 of the best car subwoofer for deep bass. These are just awesome so to speak. Choose the one that fits best for your car and your sound needs.