What are Glucomannan supplements?
This is probably the weirdest word you may hear today and you may ask yourselves what is glucomannan?. But Glucomannan is simply a dietary fiber to help you lose weight. Most of the time, it is produced from the root of the konjac plant. You may ask what is a Konjac plant? Well, it is simply the root of the elephant yam. Not an elephant as we know it, but a plant called elephant yam. See the below picture.
When you take it off the ground, you’ll get a nice root that is being used to make Glucommanan powder, capsules, and tablets. And these are then being used as medicine, in most cases for weight loss. Glucomannan can also be used for other conditions such as constipation, diabetes, and at times to fight high cholesterol. Basically you need to absorb the best konjac root supplement to have the above benefits.
Below you’ll find the 5 best glucomannan powder, best glucomannan tablets, best glucomannan capsules, and the glucomannan best brand reviews. These are the best glucomannan supplement for weight loss.
#1. NOW Glucomannan Pure Powder
If you want the best glucomannan powder, NOW supplement is a great choice. This stuff works and is 100% pure, which means it is just grounded konjac root without any fluff or additives. How do we know? Well, the company has been in business since 1968 and is family-owned. They do rigorous testing and hold high manufacturing standards. And since then they are still in business and have never been exposed to anything terrible.
5 of Glucomannan best brand
Now you may wonder what is the best glucomannan supplement? Well below are some of the 5 top brand supplements in powder and pills.
- #1. NOW Glucomannan Pure Powder
- #2. Nature’s Way Premium Herbal Glucomannan – Organic Glucomannan Powder
- #3. Nutricost Glucomannan Capsules
- #4. Best Naturals Glucomannan
- #5. For Women’s Health Glucomannan Capsules
#1. NOW Glucomannan Pure Powder
When it comes to the best glucomannan powder, NOW supplements are our recommended brand with an established supply chain, brand authority, and consumer trustworthiness. What we like about this brand and a few others we recommend is that this glucomannan powder is absolutely pure. It is extracted from the Konjac Root.
We really like how manufacturing is done in both the USA and Canada and each batch has been rigorously tested for purity and the quality of ingredients. Also since 1968, NOW has been a family business and remains that way. We like that it hasn‘t been swallowed by corporations, which means they have more control over the manufacturing process and you can be assured that this is probably the best glucomannan for weight loss.
#2. Nature’s Way Premium Herbal Glucomannan from Konjac – Organic Glucomannan Powder
Next, we have the Nature’s Way Premium Herbal Glucomannan from Konjac is a fully Organic Glucomannan Powder, which is a great dietary fiber, controls the appetite, and blood glucose levels, and cholesterol. The company is based in California and manufactures and packages everything there. They are quite trustworthy and make plenty of other well-known supplements.
It is also quite good to know that this product does not contain soy, additives, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors. It is also non-GMO and gluten-free. Finally, we just want to say that it comes with a scoop and add as much as you want to meals. It dissolves quickly and you can’t really overdose on it.
#3. Nutricost Glucomannan Capsules
For those who want the best glucomannan supplement pills or in capsule form, we highly recommend the Nutricost Glucomannan Capsules. These pills are for people who can’t be bothered with the powder form. While it is certainly much cheaper to buy glucomannan powder in bulk, it may not be the most convenient or time-saving.
These capsules contain 600 mg per capsule with 180 capsules in a bottle. And don’t worry, everything in here has been quality controlled and tested for purity. We know glucomannan powder can taste a bit bland sometimes and is a hassle to clean up. So these capsules are a great convenient alternative. All in all, these are the best glucomannan pills for weight loss.
#4. Best Naturals Glucomannan
Best Naturals makes one of the best glucomannan supplements if you are looking for something for weight management. It is geared and marketing to the fitness industry. Please don’t think this is a magic supplement and will automatically make you lose weight. All it does is suppress your appetite in a very natural way without the use of prescription medication.
Contrary to some fake negative reviews, we found that this is 100% pure konjac root extract and has not been stuffed with anything fake. Also, it is quite flavorless and bland, so you should really add it to food, smoothies, and beverages that already have some flavor to make it go down better.
#5. For Women’s Health Glucomannan Capsules
The For Women’s Health Glucomannan Capsules are a great alternative to the Nutricost tablets that we recommended before. They are essentially the same in terms of purity. And depending on where you buy them online, you may end up getting a better deal on these capsules over the Nutricost ones.
Nevertheless, we never found any purity, quality, or freshness issues with these capsules and they work just as well as the Nutricost capsules to control your appetite. Finally, we really like how there’s a 120-day money-back guarantee, which says a lot about the company’s confidence in their own product. Again, these are one of the best glucomannan pills on the market.
How to Take Glucomannan for Weight Loss Results?
- Consume 100g of glucomannan per day in 3 doses spread out through the day to keep your system regular (a low-fiber diet is recommended on days you take it). We recommend starting with a lower dose and working up if needed.
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day, as well as enough water to keep up your daily fluid intake needs.
- Include 1-2 servings of vegetables with each meal so that you’re getting adequate nutrients.
5 Reasons Why You Need a Glucomannan Supplement in Your Diet
- Glucomannan is a soluble dietary fiber which means it’s a type of carbohydrate that can be used as an energy source, but unlike other carbs, the body doesn’t digest this one. This means that when you eat or absorb this supplement, it passes through the stomach and intestines without being absorbed. That is why you lose weight. In essence, Glucomannan is a soluble fiber that will help you feel full and satisfied longer.
- It helps to lower blood cholesterol levels by binding to bile acids and creating a gel-like substance that slows down the digestive process so that bile acids are not reabsorbed into the system.
- Scientists have shown that Glucomannan decreases your appetite by making you feel fuller faster. This is due to the fact that the substance expands in the presence of liquids (see point 4 below). It also has a low caloric content, which means you are more likely to eat less overall. Note that Glucomannan can reduce sugar cravings so you eat less sweet foods, which can lead to healthier eating habits overall.
- By feeling fuller Glucomannan helps with weight loss because it absorbs water in order to expand in size and takes up space in your stomack/guts. Overall, Glucomannan can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and curbing your appetite.
- Glucomannan is clinically proven to be the most effective dietary supplement for reducing constipation and bloating in both men and women when taken daily.
Summary of some Benefits of Taking a Glucomannan Supplement
- Decreases Blood Sugar Levels
- Decrease Cholesterol Levels
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Helps Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduce constipation and bloating
How Much Glucomannan Should You Take?
You may want to consume 2-4 capsules per day with meals. Ensure you absorb these 1-2 hours away from exercise.
What is the Best Way to Take a Glucomannan Supplement?
Consume it in liquid or powder form. Add glucomannan powder to your shakes and smoothies is probably best for you as it helps with the taste.
You can also mix Glucomannan with water, juice, or other liquid for consumption.
Is glucomannan FDA approved?
FDA does approve the use of konjac-derived glucomannan as a dietary fiber ingredient.